Thursday, September 15, 2011

Live In The Philippines And Take Awesome Pictures

I love living in the Philippines. The other day it hit me that one thing I like about it is that provides for a never ending backdrop for amazing pictures.

I recently bought a used DSLR and have been learning how to use it, slowely.

I've used a SLR before, I've had one since high school but for the last several years I've been using nothing but point and shoot cameras. I've forgotten so much.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it and have been getting reaquainting myself with the golden mean and the rule of thirds. Digital editing really makes it easy to apply thirds to photographs. I've seen dramatic results after a quick review.

My pictures are already looking much better.

Since I've been living in the Philippines I've taken over 10,000 pictures. I took over 1000 just last week!

I'm trying ot et out a bit more and from behind this computer. With 1000 pictures of Bantayan Island to process though I may never get out of the door again! :)

I will, maybe today. I need to make a trip to the public market. The public market provides many oppurtunties for awesome pictures!  I'm a little bit shy, which surprised most people. I have to get over that so I can get the best pictures out there.

I wrote a full story about the things I like to photograph in the Philippines. I'd really like to see you're pictures too. Tell me where they are so I can go see them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment