Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ogtong Cave Resort Review

I've read many less than stellar reviews of Ogtong Cave Resort located on Bantayan Island. I don't get it. Ogtong Cave Resort is very nice. Perhaps it is a little over priced but not excecessively so. If you want a cheaper place on Bantayan, you can certainly find that. Ogtong is probably the most expensive of all the Bantayan Island resorts.

I found it to be a nice place to stay and wrote a full review of Ogtong Cave Resort here.

Serenity

You can check out my pictures of Bantayan Island on Facebook too.

This is the third resort I've stayed at on Bantayan because I usually travel on a budget. For me that means Tristan's Beach Resort. Now I do think Tristan's has better food and their service comes with a warm personal touch. The owner of Tristan's is about to retire and she will be renting out her resort to some new managers. I hope they don't change it a lot. I hope the cook is staying!

Ogtong has a nice cave but that alone isn't really worth staying at the resort for. Where Ogtong excells are the rooms and the view. It captures the sererene atompshere of what Bantayan Island is all about.

Bantayan is a place for relaxation. During most of times of the year it is quite and there are not a lot of tourist. You will often have the beach to yourself or perhaps a few locals harvesting various things from the Visyayan Sea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment